This blog is about my experience with Agarwal packers & movers.
Overall rating: 8/10. They may be costly, but it’s worth the house hold valuables.
My recommendations: Highly recommended
My shifting details:
– From Bangalore to Navi Mumbai
– Total expenses: Rs. 19000
– Total baggage: 28
– Major items: 32 inch LCD TV, Disassembled 5 X 3 feet TV stand, 6/4 disassembled bed, LPG Stove. So NO refrigerator, NO vehicle, NO washing machine, NO other valuable items.
– 7 days free storage in destination, there after Rs. 150 per day. If negotiate well, they can make this free as well.
– My items remained in there (Navi Mumbai) go-down for 2 weeks
– Customer service, call ratings: “Beyond my expectations”
– Timely delivery. My items reached Navi Mumbai within 3 days.
I had done my research in internet for shifters. And so I had minimal expectations from all. From research, Agarwal packers got maximum thumps up from their customers, albeit just 30%. Rest all scored from 0-20%. So I decided to get quotes from top two: Agarwal packers & Leo packers. Both of them quoted more or less same (around 17K), so I decided to go for Agarwal packers (although marginally higher) & boy they at least did not disappoint.
– Super packing, with special care for fragile items
– Super 5 layer packing for Television (last one a wooden layer)
– Synthetic packing all 28 items (see photo)
– Well numbered, for easy tracking of items
– Good team work, where each individual knew what they had to do.
– Within 3 hours they had emptied my house while taking & also while delivering
Some cautions/advice to be taken for better service:
– Talk politely & friendly. But do negotiate on quote.
– Tell truth while asking for quotations. Don’t hide any item. They may trouble, if something major is found during packing & was not told.
– Tips to shifters for some reason are expected.
– Better do packing of dresses etc. on your own. They can kind of dump these items.
– There are many fake shifters of same name (I found 3 on internet), so beware. Below is link of original: http://www.agarwalpackers.in/moversandpackers/packersandmovers.aspx
– Flammable items like match sticks etc., liquids which may spill are not allowed.
– Give a thought while assigning insurance value to items. (3% of quote is compulsory. Further division of 3% amount is left to customer…so give a thought on division carefully)
Overall, I am very much satisfied with their service. Although a bit expensive, I still recommend it highly over others, as extra cost is worth the valuables you own.